Of particular note are these four challenges to African Americans joining a predominately white congregation.
From Between Two Worlds…
Here’s an outline of part 1:
- Black people are not monolithic
- Does your church have the heart that you have for blacks coming into your church?
- Is your church in proximity to a black community?
- What sacrifices are you willing to make?
- So what are some of the sacrifices that may need to be made?
- Where possible, invite some black Christians to your church to evaluate your service.
- Be Genuine. It’s okay to just “be white” around black people
- Pray for direction
- When possible use illustrations that can highlight the reality of and your disdain for racism
- If there are already a few black people in your church they need to play a role here.
Update: Link fixed