The month of July is going to be a bit unusual for CTK. Since are renovating our building at 333 Warner, we will be taking our worship services outdoors to Fairview Park (map), which is only a couple of blocks away from the church building. We will be meeting outdoors for three Sundays, July 13th, 20th, 27th, and August 3rd. Below are the most important details to bear in mind during this time.
The service begins promptly at 10AM.
1. We will be meeting in the athletic fields by the playground and the pool.
2. There will be no seating provided. Please bring your own lawn chairs, umbrellas, and/or blankets. If you have extra, please bring some to share with others.
3. There will be no CTK kids classes or childcare. Plan on worshipping together as a family and/or using the adjacent field and playground to entertain kids.
4. Our church building at 333 Warner will be open if you need to use the restroom. Please use the CTK Kids entrance (tall concrete steps) in the lower lot (lot closest to the park). The areas of the building under construction will be roped off. Otherwise, please recognize that this is a construction site and do not go anywhere else in the building.
5. There will be no coffee available. Feel free to bring your own. There is also a Starbucks at U-Square, about a quarter mile from Fairview Park.
6. There WILL be water provided. However, please also feel free to bring your own as well.
7. In the event of rain or severe weather, we will be forced to cancel. Cancellation information will be posted on the website (www.ctkcincy.com) and The City. We will also do our best to post that information on Facebook and Twitter as quickly as possible once a cancellation decision is made.
8. Please allow yourself extra time to find parking. If you are able-bodied and willing, please park as far away from the athletic fields as you can so that you can save closer parking spaces for those with difficulty walking and for families.
9. Parking will be available at 333 Warner. Also, please note, if you plan on parking in Fairview Park, the street that runs through the park, Fairview Park Road, is a one way street; it can only be accessed from W. McMillan Street.
10. Plan on bringing food and stay after the service for a picnic and to fellowship with others. Feel free to bring a frisbee, soccer ball, etc. as well. We are looking forward to spending time together as a church family!
We hope you’re all having a great week, excited and prayerful about the building project, and looking forward to spending Sunday in the park together worshiping and spending the day together as a church…see you then!